Who we are
Our website address is: http://youngaid.org.
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available by users of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website and on other sites (such as official YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL profiles on social networks).
What does YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL do with the information you provide
Providing information is your choice. When you undertake certain actions on our website, such as donating, signing up for our email newsletter, or filling in a form to register your interest in our activities, you knowingly provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address and other information.
In this event, YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL will store this information securely, and will not share, rent or sell it to any other organization for their marketing purposes. However, we reserve the right to share this information with our procured service providers for the purpose of carrying out communications and marketing activity on behalf of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL, or of completing a donation transaction that you initiate.
You will only be contacted by YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL for purposes related to the work of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL and you can request to have your name removed from our mailing list at any time.
Users who provide an email address and/or donate via YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website and opt in to receive email communication from YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL may receive YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL e-newsletter and other email updates. We occasionally also communicate via direct mail, phone and SMS. Each email sent by YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL includes an option to remove your address from the mailing list.
What are cookies?
If you do not wish to have cookies installed on your computer or mobile device, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website may not function properly.
How cookies are used on YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL wishes to be transparent with users about how cookies are used, so that you are clear on how your privacy is protected when using YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website.
- To improve your experience on our website– Cookies enable us to ensure that we are providing you content that is relevant to your interests while deprioritising content that is not relevant to you. Cookies can also provide us with an understanding about other factors relating to your visit that can help us to enhance your website experience, such as: which part of the world you are visiting from, if you came to the site because of an email or social media post we sent you, or whether your website browser supports the different technologies used on YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website.
- To understand how YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website and other communication efforts are performing– Cookies help to provide us with anonymous statistics that tell us about how many users visit our website, where they came from and how they interact with it. This information is very useful for us to be able to see which pages and content on YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website is most popular so that we can modify it accordingly. Data gathered through cookies can also help us understand how our other activities, such as social media content and emails affect the use of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website.
- To improve the relevance of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL campaign and marketing messages displayed to you after you leave our website– Cookies can help us to ensure that you receive personalised advertising banners from advertising services when you browse other websites, based on the content you interacted with on YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website.
- Reach you on social channels and identify more supporters who want to help refugees– Through cookies, we can target messages for you on our social media platforms and identify other people on the Internet who are most likely to support YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL work and help refugees. This data is not used by service providers for any purpose other than those described above.
Third party cookies
Some of the cookies you may receive when visiting YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website are not related to YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL. For example, if you visit sections of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website that contain embedded content such as YouTube video or a Twitter feed, or contain a plugin such as a Facebook like button, you may receive cookies delivered from these websites. As detailed above, we also use third-party cookies for targeted advertising services and for tracking our website awareness-raising and communications performance.
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL does not govern the settings or use of these third-party cookies, so we suggest that you visit these websites for more information about their cookies and applicable privacy policies.
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites that it does not own or manage, even if these websites link to YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website. Modern web browsers provide the ability to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies.
Responsibilities of Users
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL may ask its stakeholders and community to share their photos and videos with the public on its websites. This type of material is generally defined as User Generated Content (UGC).
Users of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website acknowledge that such content is treated as being non-proprietary and non-confidential. If you send this material to us, either via email, by tagging content on a social network, or via a specifically designed upload site, you are granting YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL the irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in its websites and publications. Furthermore, you grant YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such material. However you still own and can continue to use your content as you like including the ability to also allow others to use it.
If you upload or share your material with a YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website or social media account, it might be used by any YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL websites or social media accounts across the globe.
When we ask our community to share content with us, we explain how we intend to use the content. Mostly, we will re-share content on our social media channels or on our websites. If it is particularly strong, we may use content shared with us on YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL promotional materials. In those cases, we will attempt to contact you to discuss whether you agree for it to be used, and to ask whether and how you would like to be credited.
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL does not pay for nor does it generate any revenue from selling or licensing individual pieces of UGC.
Conditions to upload content
When you submit content to or share material with YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL, you must only submit/share your own original content. If your content contains the work(s) of others (e.g. music, images and/or video) you must have obtained the necessary rights or permissions to use that material.
If your content clearly identifies anyone else you will need to ensure that the persons concerned have consented to the content being used by YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL. Where your content clearly identifies children under the age of 16 you must ensure that their parent or guardian has provided their consent as set out above.
YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL also requires that you do not submit or share any material or information:
- That is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy or unlawful in any way;
- Which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals as may be required by law;
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer); or
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
- Deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsifying the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertising or offering to sell any goods or services, or conducting or forwarding surveys, contests or chain letters, or downloading any file posted by another user of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
Any inappropriate content will be rejected or removed from YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website and social media accounts. If in doubt, please do not share your content with YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL. If you post on, or transmit to, our website any material of the type prohibited under the above paragraphs or any applicable laws and regulations, and YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL incurs any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree to indemnify YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
You should be aware that YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL is entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which it has about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that may request YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL to do so.
Uploading Content to Social Networks
Notification of changes
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. We thus encourage you to visit this section of YOUNG AID INTERNATIONAL website regularly in order to keep up to date with any changes. Changes to the policy will apply from the date they are posted on our site and shall not apply retroactively.